Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jay R Mellen has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Mellen performed an ERCP procedure on me last May. During the procedure he "accidently" perforated my duodenum and common bile duck which allowed bile to escape into my abdomen causing EXTREME pain and peritonitis. This is a very, very rare complication, less than 1% chance. I spent a horrific 6 weeks in the hospital for what should have been an out-patient procedure. He was rude and careless and it almost cost me my life. Jay Mellen has no right being a doctor for many reasons like those listed in the review below. He also has failed his medical boards multiple times and from the review bellow it looks like I am not the only one he "messed-up" on. My advice, ask for another doctor.
Great Dr. Gets to the point quickly, does not waste your time or your money. My kind of Dr.
Dr. Mellen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1977
Elmhurst Hospital Center
Dr. Jay R Mellen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHonor Health, 3501 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 320, Scottsdale, AZ
Dr. Jay R Mellen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.