Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jay E Olsson has the following 2 specialties
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Jay E Olsson has the following 9 expertise
- Migraine Disorders
- Nerve Damage
- Surgery Recovery
- Sports Medicine
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
Dr. Jay E Olsson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jay E Olsson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
I was assigned Dr. Olsson at Holmes Reg. Med CTR. Melbourne, FL as a pain management doctor for heart surgery (CABGx5). He sent an underling nurse to speak with me, I threw him out of the room after he told me they only give certain meds so I "won't abuse them"! You know my chest had just been split in two, so that was a professional answer right? I answered truthfully (yes, once in awhile I smoke marijuana) to all questions upon my first office visit and told him I was having panic attacks possibly brought on by an ability to breath full breaths still. I asked for 2-4 tablets of Xanax, Per Month, and 2-4 tablets of nitroglycerin for angina. He knows I do not have insurance and that I do not have the luxury of a Cardiologist (not since the surgery), a Psychiatrist, and a Primary Physician(s) I told him I don't want to get these meds on the street and pleaded with him for the 4 tablets each month. He refused. I asked for my records. I asked to stay with the original payment plan. I asked him to fill out a questionnaire for S.S. and every response was the same. No, I don't care. He basically told me to eff-off. Avoid this quack.
I got there as a new patient, three months to get in. They took my money, and then did not have time to take care of me at all. Doctor was at the hospital (two times in 3 hours??). If you don't have time to treat a patient, then do not take their money and pretend you are doing your job. Staff laughed at me when I called back. They lied to me. This is abuse, breach of contract. Contractually, it is illegal to rip people off. So, months later and a bunch of cash less, I have to start from scratch. Reported this to my credit card company, Walgreens' and reporting to the medical review board as well. He has horrible reviews that I failed to see prior to scheduling
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
41 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Jay E Olsson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJay Edward Olsson Do, 401 N Wickham Rd Ste S, Melbourne, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jay E Olsson in this video.
Dr. Jay E Olsson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Melbourne, FL.