Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jay Pennock
Dr. Jay Pennock, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Salinas, CA. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Pennock is affiliated with Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare Systems, Natividad Medical Center and Watsonville Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Jay Pennock has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Jay Pennock is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I went to see this Doctor who is at another area Hospital in my area. I had a severe Migraine that I had several days. After several Tests and his calling the other Hospital it was determined I had suffered a Mini Stroke. The other Hospitals Doctor didn't know how to treat me when I first went in. This Doctor knew immediately what to do and took amazing care of me. I am very grateful!
Dr spent almost no time with me. I saw him in the ER at Salinas Valley Mem. Hos. For my prescriptions he told me to get " Probiotics" from a health food store!! No, prescribe medicine... Not an expensive health food store! He did prescribe 2 other medications. He did not talk to me about these prescriptions before I left. What should have taken 1/2 hour, he left me to eat his dinner first. Dragging out my time there to almost 3 hours.
Dr. Pennock is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare Systems
Natividad Medical Center
Watsonville Community Hospital
21 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1992
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Jay Pennock accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
Locations & DirectionsSalinas Valley Memorial Healthcare Systems, 450 E Romie Ln, Salinas, CA
Dr. Jay Pennock is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salinas, CA.