Dr. Jay Sher Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Review

Posted on April 26th, 2014

very dissapointed

Posted on April 23rd, 2014

I tried to explain how I was feeling with Dr. Sher but he seems to care only about the labs and not what your body tells you. He was very nice at first seemed like he cared. I only wish he would update his medical background with the history of his patients not just generic labs and not be so closed minded as most endocrinologist today.

MADE UNBELIEVABLY INAPPROPRIATE REMARKS

Posted on September 13th, 2013

From lack of available Endos and giving him the benefit of the doubt, I returned to see Dr Sher 3 times. My first appointment he referred to my breast as "Your Boobs." When the expression on my face was shock, he asked, "does that make you uncomfortable?" My answer was, I don't think you would have said that if my husband were sitting next to me. During the exam, he ran his finger down the part of my hair and said "I see somebody needs to dye their greys." Then, he asked if I had any nipple discharge as that is a sign of thyroid issues, to which I replied, "none, ever". He asked if he can squeeze them just to check because maybe I hadn't noticed. Front Desk staff is pleasant. Nurse must be overworked (I'm being kind) because she doesn't return phone calls. You have to keep calling. I called from blood results and new synthroid Rx, and quickly realized the doc reading from an old blood test. He blamed his staff, agreed with me that there's office issues. He further explained that he has no say about the staff or what they do. They are employees of the hospital and asked me to write a letter. After asking around, I've had several other doctors tell me that they've heard of Dr Sher's bizarre behavior before, but they all thought he was educationally, a good doctor. Endos are few and far between, but I would pass on this one. Good luck in your search. PS, the one star was for his timeliness which seems to be what he prides himself most of.

Life saver

Posted on July 26th, 2013

When my wife and I first met Dr Sher, we would have assumed we were seeing another typical MD with a specialty. At 60, we have seen our fair share of physicians. Dr. Sher is genuinely interested in our well being, spends the time necessary to review everything we have concerns for as well as personal stories of interest. I have the greatest admiration for his skills as an expert in his field and his warm human interaction. I remain grateful for having been referred to him and have taken control of my medical issues to a great satisfaction. I highly recommend Dr. Sher to my friends and family who also now see him. An absolute great experience even after 6 years of office visits. In addition, the only physician I have ever seen who has been on time EVERY office visit...he even calls us personally to review test results with great enthusiasm when they are good and criticisms when needed. Thank you Doc !

He is an excellant doctor

Posted on July 3rd, 2012

My experience with him has been very good I have been working with him since 2005

Rude, rude, rude

Posted on July 19th, 2011

Rude, loud and unsympathetic is this guy's MO. I was in tears by the time my 3.5 minutes with him were over. Who knew that so much callousness could be conveyed in so short a timespan?

Posted on July 7th, 2011

easy to write a perscription and send you on your way. Terrible rapport and bedside mannor. Would NOT return or reccommend to anyone.

Posted on September 24th, 2015