Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jay M Springer
Dr. Jay M Springer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Quakertown, PA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism. Dr. Springer is affiliated with St Luke's Hospital - Allentown Campus and St. Luke's Hospital - Quakertown Campus. Dr. Springer has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jay M Springer has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Pituitary Diseases
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Gland Issues
- Lipid Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Thyroid Diseases
- Addison Disease
Showing 5 of 27
Was sent to him from another doctor, he wouldn't even see me. Spent three months waiting for an appointment for him to cancel that day. Didn't give me the time of day. Normally doctors want patients, he clearly doesn't. I'm searching for another doctor that has time that cares. I'd never ever recommend this guy to anyone!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Springer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Temple University Health System
Dr. Jay M Springer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBuxmont Endocrinology, 1021 Park Ave Ste 200, Quakertown, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jay M Springer in this video.
Dr. Jay M Springer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Quakertown, PA.