Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jay A Starr MD
Dr. Jay A Starr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Traverse City, MI. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. He speaks English.
Dr. Jay A Starr has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Jay A Starr has the following 8 expertise
- Urologic Emergencies
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Kidney Stones
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Issues
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jay A Starr - Posted on March 5th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jay A Starr - Posted on August 13th, 2009
warm smile,respectful,LISTENS.honest and reassuring.knowing i was VERY apprehensive from a bad incident with another md years ago,he was so very gentle,included my husband during exam.1st visit he did a procedure looking for a tumor because "we can know today what i don't want you to agonize over til we meet in a month after your other tests are done".NO fear of future visits and won my trust after that 1st appt.i believe this will continue into the future..very knowledgable.
19 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Jay A Starr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBAY AREA UROLOGY PC, 3922 Cedar Run Rd, Traverse City, MI
Dr. Jay A Starr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Traverse City, MI.