Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jay M Ungar has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jay M Ungar has the following 9 expertise
- EOL Care
- Urinary Incontinence
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Jay M Ungar has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
I have be a patient of Dr. Ungar for 13 years! I have a lot of medical problems and tons of anxiety. Most Doctors are overwhelmed with all my conditions and were not explaining or taking the time to help me... I have never meet a Doctor with such understanding and compassion... Dr. Ungar has the Best Bed Side Manners I have ever seen... One time I got really sick and ended up getting admitted to the hospital and Dr. Ungar came to see me in the hospital. He sat and with me for an hour to help me understand my medical problem and get me better. After I got discharged from the hospital he did follow up for 2 months on me! Dr. Ungar has always taken time to explain all my medical conditions and treat them... He is the funnest Doctor I have ever meet and does the best Magic Tricks!!! I have never had to wait long for lab results or returned phone calls. Some times finding a great Doctor is like finding a needle in a hay stack... That is the reason I have stayed with Dr. Jay Ungar for 13 years...
When my mother had multiple issues going on, I went to an appt. with her. Could not believe his attitude! Had no clue what specialists had sent him, did not follow up on abnormal labs, took entire appt. for mother to "fill him in" then told her that her memory was failing her. Was short, uncaring and unprofessional. Will never let her go back. (from a RN daughter)
44 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Baystate Medical Center
Dr. Jay M Ungar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouthern Maine Geriatrics, 50 Marquis Rd, Freeport, ME
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jay M Ungar, MD - Geriatric Medicine in Freeport, ME, in this video.
Dr. Jay M Ungar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Freeport, ME.