Jay Weinstein Is this you?

Have you seen Jay Weinstein?

Horrible, Substandard Doctor

Posted on March 24th, 2016

I made the mistake of going to Jay Stuart Weinstein in the summer of 2015, and my health suffered as a result. He rushed through the non-thorough "exam" while actually pointing to his watch to punctuate that he felt I was spending too much time explaining conditions. I should have walked out. I then proceeded to have an unsupervised blood draw that should have been routine without any problem. Instead, it resulted in a hematoma (blood clotting) with arm discoloration, black and blue marks. fever and tingling in my fingers. Stinging and pain with unspecified nerve damage continue to persist 9 months later. When I complained to Weinstein about what had happened, his said that he had no responsibility over the people taking the blood, but that this was instead a problem under the authority of the office manager - a secretary - with no medical credentials. "I'm not Dr. Welby!" he rudely said. Adding insult to injury, Weinstein omitted a key blood test. After all the pain I endured and continue to endure from the botched blood draw, he neglected to request a uric acid test--which I had gotten for at least the past 12 years from my prior primary care doctor (who was lost to Obamacare) - and must have because of borderline high levels. Weinstein had never bothered to check my previous blood test (even though I provided it for him to see). The net result: a very serious gout flare-up that could have been prevented had a precursor spike in uric acid been detected. Weinstein's response to this: The uric acid test is "not monetarily justified." I chose this doctor at random based purely on length of experience, and the meaningless "recognition" certifications that doctors can apparently apply for. On top of all this, Dr. Weinstein refuses to release patient medical records -- in our case, to conceal his own misconduct and the bad blood draw. I had never gone to a primary care/internal medicine doctor before in my life where I received such horrible, substandard care...and resultantly suffered because of it. In the interest of good health, FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR who cares about patients.

BEST DOCTOR

Posted on August 24th, 2014

Dr Weinstein is exceptional. He really knows what he is doing. Highly recommended;).

Dr. Weinstein is one of the best doctors I have ever had

Posted on February 13th, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr. Weinstein for about 20 years. He has given me the best advice and care throughout the years. He always is thorough and concerned while on top of every issue I've had. I would HIGHLY recommend him to be you physician.

Knowledgeable and Professional

Posted on March 23rd, 2010

Dr. Weinstein has been my primary care physician for many years. I have always found him capable and attentive, and remain happy and satisfied with his care.

Posted on May 6th, 2016