Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jaya L Vankayalapati
Dr. Jaya L Vankayalapati, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Livonia, MI. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Vankayalapati is affiliated with DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital - University Health Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Jaya L Vankayalapati has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jaya L Vankayalapati has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Jaya L Vankayalapati has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
I had met her after my diabetes was uncontrolled and I was very frustrated. I thought that I was doing everything that needed to be done to improve my blood sugar levels. Dr. Van had helped me to understand my diabetes. She had helped me to improve my lifestyle and diet. Her staff was amazing too. I have attended the Diabetes education classes for free in her office. She had spend a lot of time coaching me. The results were amazing. My A1c levels had improved significantly and I feel very proud of myself. Thank you Dr. Van.
She misdiagnosed my Mothers congestive heart failure. Told her she had acute pharyngitis and gave her antibiotics. a month later my Mom was having open heart surgery/2 heart valves replace.
Dr. Vankayalapati is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wayne State University
Dr. Jaya L Vankayalapati accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLevan Internists, 15130 Levan Rd, Livonia, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jaya L Vankayalapati in this video.
Dr. Jaya L Vankayalapati is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Livonia, MI.