Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jayant C Gajera
Dr. Jayant C Gajera, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tampa, FL, with another office in Tampa, FL. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Gajera is affiliated with St Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa, Tampa General Hospital and Florida Hospital Carrollwood. Dr. Gajera has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Jayant C Gajera has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jayant C Gajera has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Jayant C Gajera has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
he was my doctor in a nursing home who overmedicated me with narcotics refused to disocntinue them, also misdiagnosed me(alzheimers) which resulted in me becoming a ward of the state for >1.5 trs, where i had a gaurdian & lost all my rights.when i got my rights restored & needed a new md,when i went to an alf i refused to go back to him & never will.the worst part of it is am a nurse & worked with him at a local hospital.if i called him as he passed mt room in the nsg home he ignored me, duck his head & kept on going.i reported him to ahca as well as the nsg home, of which of course no action was taken.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Gajera is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Jayant C Gajera accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jayant C Gajera in this video.
Dr. Jayant C Gajera is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.