Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Jayaprakash K Kamath
Dr. Jayaprakash K Kamath, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Clearwater, FL, with another office in Clearwater, FL. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kamath is affiliated with St Anthony's Hospital, Bayfront Medical Center and St Petersburg General Hospital. Dr. Kamath has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jayaprakash K Kamath has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jayaprakash K Kamath has the following 13 expertise
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Dr. Jayaprakash K Kamath has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
I have been having my endoscopy with Dr. Kamath for the past 4 years. I would recommend anyone to have their procedures done at this facility. The staff is professional, loving and efficient. Everyone knows what they are doing so there's no confusion. Dr. Kamath greets me with a smile each time I've met him and handled my visits to his office like I'm a human being and never a number. The facility is clean . Smells snd looks great and my favorite of all is... I never wait long. The office gives you an appointment, and they take you on time. I'll go to dr Kamath and recommend him slways.
I have been a patient of Dr. Kamath's for many, many years and he and is staff are always very kind and helpful. I would not go to any other G.I doctor at this point because I have developed a good patient-staff relationship and that is hard to find in most doctor offices these days. I have two family members that also are patients of Dr.Kamath and they both speak very highly of him.
I've known Dr Kamath for quite a few years. I've always been impressed with the easy, amiable way we can sit down and discuss my particular situation, and while it is clear that he is the expert in field, he's never come across as someone who "knows it all". If something is not working, he's always willing to try something I might suggest, providing it's witihin reason. I highly respect his mind-body approach
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kamath is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Jayaprakash K Kamath accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jayaprakash K Kamath is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clearwater, FL.