Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jaye-Jo Portanova has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Jaye-Jo Portanova has the following 3 expertise
- Attachment and Parent-Child Bonding
- Parenting Issues
- Forensic Psychiatry
Showing 5 of 17
I was ambivalent at first, but Dr. Portanova was very understanding and caring. She is very knowledgable and helped me through a difficult and stressful custody situation. My ability to co-parent greatly improved because of Dr. Portanova's expertise. I would have never been able to achieve such a positive costody outcome without her.
Dr. Portanova was always very professional and prompt. My circumstances were complicated and she helped me not only cope, but thrive during this difficult time in my life. She was able to create a safe, supportive environment for me to express my feelings, while guiding me towards a positive understanding of my situation. Her expert knowledge and vast experience provided me with practical effective solutions. I am sure that the positive outcome of my situation was due to my work with her.
36 Years Experience
University of California at Los Angeles
Graduated in 1982
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1617 S Pacific Coast Hwy, Redondo Beach, CA
Dr. Jaye-Jo Portanova is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Redondo Beach, CA.