Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jean-Paul P Achkar
Dr. Jean-Paul P Achkar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Achkar is affiliated with Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hospital For Rehabilitation and Uh Cleveland Medical Center. Dr. Achkar has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jean-Paul P Achkar has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jean-Paul P Achkar has the following 14 expertise
- Crohn's Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Dr. Jean-Paul P Achkar has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Asckar was easy to get an appt. with. He was totally focused on me and spent time with me. He nailed my diagnosis on the head and was totally correct with his treatment plan. His fellow (Dr. Nitin Aggarwal) was also excellent. Both Drs treated me with respect and took great care of me. I am totally satisfied and would definitely (and already have) referred him to anyone with gastro intestinal problems. I am on the road to recovery and this is the best I have felt in years.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Achkar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Health Center Of Pittsburgh
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsThe Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jean-Paul P Achkar in this video.
Dr. Jean-Paul P Achkar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.