Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jean M Atwood has 3 locations
1375 Cherry Way Dr Ste 110
Columbus, OH 43230
8200 Hazelton Etna Rd SW Ste 200
Etna, OH 43062
Book Online Now
Dr. Jean M Atwood has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Dr. Jean M Atwood has the following 11 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
Dr. Jean M Atwood is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
She is the best!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jean M Atwood - Posted on July 12th, 2018
Hospital on call OB
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jean M Atwood - Posted on May 8th, 2018
Admitted to hospital for severe back and pelvic pain. Endometriosis three times in my last resulting in hysterectomy and two laps several years later. Advised this felt like the same pain and was taken care of by other doctors with tests, exams and genuine discussions. Dr Atwood came in my room, spent 15 minutes asking questions, ordered blood work and never heard from her again. Was discharged after four days based on the fact that she said I was not a surgical candidate. Knowing that you can only detect endometriosis through a laparoscopic procedure. Then had the audacity to tell me she needed to educate me on endometriosis. I’ve lived it! Don’t need educated! So my husband threw her out of my room because they were sending me home in severe pain based on a doctor who never touched me, examined me or paid me regular visits like all the other doctors. Refused to see me as follow up like my discharge papers said because of the confrontation with my husband. I guess my question in her care is how do you know what was wrong with me if you never examined me? Luckily I have found a doctor who will take the time to care for me!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jean M Atwood - Posted on December 10th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jean M Atwood - Posted on November 9th, 2015
Dr. Atwood has been my OB since my first gyno appointment 10 years ago. She delivered my daughter and will be delivering my son in a couple of months. I've always loved her and her office staff (Becky, the nurse practitioner, is really tremendous). Great bedside manner and I always feel like I'm in good, capable hands. There's never a lengthy wait in the office and scheduling is never a problem. Wouldn't go to anyone else!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jean M Atwood - Posted on July 27th, 2015
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2012, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
32 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Mount Carmel Health
Dr. Jean M Atwood Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jean M Atwood, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Columbus, OH, in this video.
Dr. Jean M Atwood is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Columbus, OH.