Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jean M Gerhard has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Jean M Gerhard has the following 14 expertise
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- High Risk Pregnancy
Dr. Jean M Gerhard has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jean M Gerhard is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
I saw Dr Ferrara/Gerhard for my annual and problem visit. She was great! I don't particularly like those visits and get very nervous. She made me feel calm and at ease. She kept the chatter light which immediately lessened my level of stress. She was very thorough in my exam and explained things to me in detail and made sure I understood. I will go back to her again and would recommend her to people I know. The people who posted the negative posts must have been having a bad day. I'll be seeing her for years to come!
De. Jean Ferrera has terrible bedside manner and is quick to dismiss questions by asserting her knowledge and disregarding the individual circumstance. I don't think she is extremely knowledgeable and appears to hold on to outdated schools of though without giving additional consideration to other possibilities. She is very non-responsive and does not do well with follow-up. She does not call with test results and does not check in a few days after an appt when she probably should in certain circumstances. I've also scheduled appointments for one thing and come in to them thinking it was for another. On the plus side, I rarely have to wait once I'm at the office for an appt.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
29 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Jean M Gerhard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jean M Gerhard in this video.
Dr. Jean M Gerhard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.