Dr. Jean E Holt Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jean E Holt?

professionalism at its finest

Extremely professional and complete examination

Unattended problem

I was Dr. Holt's patient for several years. I was always very pleased with her service. For the last couple of years I was going to her every six months for a thorough exam, because of my diabetes, age, and developing cataracts. I was always very pleased with her treatment, for years. But then, about two years ago, I started having a problem, a sort of "film" over one eye that blurred my vision extensively and that came and went unpredictably. When the film was there, I was essentially, functionally, legally blind in that eye. An hour later the film might be gone. An hour later it might be back. I asked Dr. Holt about it three times, over three visits, over a year and a half. She did nothing. She made no examination specific to my complaint. She didn't seem to take the complaint seriously. She didn't seem to have time to do so. I had the impression that her attitude was that since she didn't see any physical reason for my complaint, it must not be real. I must be imagining it. I've recently changed opthalmologists. My current doctor has taken my complaint seriously, examined the eye at length, taken and analyzed moisture samples, and among other things has prescribed a steroid eyedrop that has improved the condition greatly. I do not understand Dr. Holt's indifference. I still rate her as "Good", because I'll admit that she's an excellent opthalmologist in general. So long as you don't have a complaint that might eat up too much of her valuable time.

Great Dr.

Dr. Holt has been my ophthalmologist for about 12 yr. She diagnosed and has treated me for glaucoma for most of that time, with excellent results. Also performed cataract surgery with excellent results. I have had a couple of instances where I needed urgent, but not emergency appointments, and was seen same day or early next morning. Office staff are exceptional. Dr. Holt is professional, warm, personable and cares about her patients.

Years of caring

My mother was going to Dr. Holt for 25 plus years. Throughout the years Dr. Holt had always given her very professional and compassionate care. When Mom developed glaucoma and macular degeneration Dr. Holt monitored her care for years and explained every stage in detail to both of us. When Mom went to a nursing home Dr. Holt called me at home to see how she was doing.

Took my mother in for her 6 month check up.Dr Holt has moved to a new office and the staff was very friendlyand professional. Staff speaks excellent Spanish. As always Dr Holt was patient and reassured my mother concerning her eye condition. A very professional and compassionate physician

Always very professional, patient and friendly.

hobbyist, not Dr.

Very short, unfriendly manner - like you're bothering her - but maybe it's because she can't diagnose your problem, so she's just generally defensive. Don't know. She cancelled 3 times in a very short period, which leads me to believe she's a part-time dr. at best, who probably is just working to pay for her tee times. I had called this office to see Dr. Held but the staff gives you a story that there's a 3 month waiting list for her and offers you an immediate visit with "Dr. Holt". Don't bother, unless you are doing research on the tackiest Dr's office in the country.