Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jean L Nelson DO
Dr. Jean L Nelson, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Grand Blanc, MI. She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Jean L Nelson has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jean L Nelson has the following 12 expertise
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
Showing 5 of 21
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jean L Nelson - Posted on June 28th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jean L Nelson - Posted on July 29th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jean L Nelson - Posted on June 18th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jean L Nelson - Posted on January 22nd, 2016
On Top of Tests
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jean L Nelson - Posted on August 25th, 2015
When my blood tests were sent to her as my secondary Dr not my PCP, I was called and told to come to the office immediately to go over results. She probably saved my life. She knew the blood tests indicated I would be feeling horrible. TSH was sky high and I was feeling miserable. Dr Nelson is a very caring and easy to talk to about your issues.
30 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Jean L Nelson Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & DirectionsSYNTHESIS MEDICAL SPEC, 9463 Holly Rd Ste 103, Grand Blanc, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jean L Nelson, DO - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Grand Blanc, MI, in this video.
Dr. Jean L Nelson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Grand Blanc, MI.