Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jean Porwoll
Dr. Jean Porwoll, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Monson, MA, with other offices in Palmer, MA and East Longmeadow, MA . She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine. Dr. Porwoll is affiliated with Wing Memorial Hospital & Medical Centers, Baystate Medical Center and Hampden County Physician Associates. She speaks English.
Dr. Jean Porwoll has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Porwoll is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wing Memorial Hospital & Medical Centers
Baystate Medical Center
Hampden County Physician Associates
37 Years Experience
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jean Porwoll is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Monson, MA.