Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jean Sutherland
Dr. Jean Sutherland, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lexington, KY. She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Sutherland is affiliated with Saint Joseph Hospital, Johnson City Medical Center and University of Kentucky Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Jean Sutherland has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Sutherland saved my life. I had been seeing my regular physician for a serious illness for 8 months without an accurate diagnosis and going downhill rapidly. After 1 visit with Dr.Sutherland she ran some tests, disgnosed my problem and began my treatment. She is very caring, compassionate and knowledgeable.
Dr. Sutherland is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Joseph Hospital
Johnson City Medical Center
University of Kentucky Hospital
27 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
University Of Kentucky Medical Center
Dr. Jean Sutherland accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBluegrass Medical Group, 1451 Harrodsburg Rd, Lexington, KY
Dr. Jean Sutherland is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lexington, KY.