More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jean R Thur has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I am struck with disbelief at reading such negative critiques of Dr. Thur, and wonder from what educational and social background these reviewers might come with little - if no - idea of medicine and medical alternatives that are safe for children. They might be reviewers that prefer to stuff their children with chemicals rather than eradicate the actual cause of their children's health problems. I have been overall very pleased with Dr. Thur. After I was received at the exact time of my appt., Dr. Thur performed a very thorough inspection of my child and provided me with an accurate diagnosis as well as with a detailed spectrum of possible remedies. None of the doctors I had visited before her to assist my son, had taken so much of their time to explain to me possible causes and solutions. She was very prompt in calling me back to inform me of the outcome of my child's x-rays (which none of the doctors I had visited before had even thought of), and was even so kind as enquire and contact personally a future practitioner that might help my child to be cured. If she did not live in another town, I would change my current pediatrician with her. I remain very grateful for all that she has done for my son.
26 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Jean R Thur accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsAurora Medical Center, 855 N Westhaven Dr, Oshkosh, WI
Dr. Jean R Thur is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oshkosh, WI.