Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jean K White
Dr. Jean K White, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lake Charles, LA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiology. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Jean K White has the following 1 specialty
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Jean K White has the following 8 expertise
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 2 of 6
I went to Dr. White for artery disease for several years and he performed procedures putting stints in my legs. The last procedure my leg was completely blocked (doctor error) and I came out of surgery complaining of extreme pain. I was left for over 20 hours with no blood flow to that leg. I now have permanent damage to the nerves, tissue and muscles. Dr. White completely ignored my complaint of extreme pain and I am now left with painful damage to my leg. I would not recommend him to anyone.
Dr. White has been my heart specialist for over 25 years. He is a kind and gentle doctor, is never in a hurry, always answers any questions that I have, and has taken excellent care of me for all these years. His nurse is a great asset and is always available to return your calls. I highly recommend Dr. White to anyone who needs a heart specialist.
36 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1982
Sc Medical Center
Dr. Jean K White accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHEART AND VASCULAR CENTER, 1717 Oak Park Blvd Fl 2, Lake Charles, LA
Dr. Jean K White is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lake Charles, LA.