Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeanette E Mendez
Dr. Jeanette E Mendez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rancho Mirage, CA. She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mendez is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas, Palomar Medical Center and Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla. She speaks English.
Dr. Jeanette E Mendez has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 5 of 9
This doctor had no interest in hearing my medical problem. She refused to answer a single question unless I agreed in advance to a colonoscopy. Her manner was ugly, aggressive, accusatory and close minded. Her first concern was getting the legal arbitration forms signed in case she was sued. Her second concern was keeping her office in order: "Please return that magazine to the table where you got it! Make sure you close the door behind you!" This was before I was even admitted to her office for the consultation I had requested - a consultation I never received. BEWARE unless you like abuse instead of help.
This lady was so mean and cold I couldn't believe it. She did not listen to me she did not understand and it was obvious she did not care. I was in shock after I left and felt awful. It's been 2 years and I am still upset. Do not see her if you have the choice.
Dr. Mendez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Jeanette E Mendez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEisenhower Gastroenterology Specialty Clinic, 39700 Bob Hope Dr Ste 101, Rancho Mirage, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeanette E Mendez in this video.
Dr. Jeanette E Mendez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rancho Mirage, CA.