Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jeanine B Albu has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Jeanine B Albu has the following 11 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Dr. Jeanine B Albu is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeanine B Albu - Posted on January 13th, 2015
Very Poor Staff and Appointment Scheduling
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeanine B Albu - Posted on July 30th, 2012
I have been seeing Dr. Albu for about 10 years and the last two appointments I had, after waiting months for them, were canceled by by the office. One was canceled when I arrived at the office. The other, I called THEM to confirm, only to be told my appointment was canceled. I have to travel one hour to get there, so this really upset me.
The Best in NYC
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeanine B Albu - Posted on September 21st, 2011
Dr. Albu was my husband's doctor and he loved her. He felt that she gave the BEST care of any doctor he saw during his lifetime. She actually listened to him and was able to diagnose him accurately. She is willing to try new therapies with her patients and has the most wonderful, caring bedside manner of any doctor around. I would trust her with any patient's life.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeanine B Albu - Posted on September 7th, 2011
mr m HEBRANKO
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeanine B Albu - Posted on December 14th, 2010
36 Years Experience
Carol Davila University Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1982
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Jeanine B Albu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeanine B Albu, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in New York, NY, in this video.
Dr. Jeanine B Albu is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.