Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeanne Berry
Dr. Jeanne Berry, MD, FACP is a Doctor primarily located in Rapid City, SD. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Hospice and Palliative Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Berry is affiliated with Custer Community Hospital - CAH, Rapid City Regional Hospital and Spearfish Surgery Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Jeanne Berry has the following 2 specialties
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Hospice care & Palliative medicine specialists focus their practice on pain management, symptom relief and qualify-of-life treatments to relieve the suffering of terminally ill patients. These doctors have specialized expertise in the treatment of patients with serious illnesses, advanced diseases and conditions resulting from catastrophic injury. Though often they work within hospice settings, they prevent and alleviate suffering appropriate at any age and stage of disease and can work alongside practitioners providing curative treatments.
Hospice care & Palliative medicine focuses on depression, pain, fatigue, constipation, nausea, shortness of breath, loss of appetite and difficulty sleeping, among other conditions. They also alleviate psychosocial distress and other stressors that accompany terminal illnesses. They are skilled in guiding families through legal and ethical decision-making in end-of-life care and can address spiritual issues at these times. By coordinating care across settings by improving communication among providers, they improve access to information for families so that they understand the patient's condition and treatment options.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Berry is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Custer Community Hospital - CAH
Spearfish Surgery Center
Sturgis Community Health Care Center - CAH
28 Years Experience
Sanford School Of Medicine The University Of South Dakota
Graduated in 1989
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Jeanne Berry accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsREGIONAL HEALTH RAPID CITY HOSPITAL, 353 Fairmont Blvd, Rapid City, SD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeanne Berry in this video.
Dr. Jeanne Berry is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rapid City, SD.