Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeanne M Birkenhauer
Dr. Jeanne M Birkenhauer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gulf Shores, AL. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Birkenhauer is affiliated with South Baldwin Regional Medical Center. Dr. Birkenhauer has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Jeanne M Birkenhauer has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 52
This place is a disaster. Don't waste your time or money. She doesn't believe anything is wrong with you if your basic lab work is not unsatisfactory. She will not try to help you find out why you are sick. She will not listen. She will say, "Well, you look healthy to me.". Her Nurse practitioner will blame everything on stress and prescribe antidepressants without even touching you or doing any tests. I've heard this from multiple people who have gone here. If you are sick with anything beyond the common cold do not expect to get help here.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Birkenhauer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Jeanne M Birkenhauer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJeanne M Birkenhauer Md Pc, 156 E 15th Ave Ste 1, Gulf Shores, AL
Dr. Jeanne M Birkenhauer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gulf Shores, AL.