Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeanne R Bonar has the following 3 specialties
- Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine specialists are doctors who have extensive training in the use of nuclear substances, like radiation, to diagnose and treat certain illnesses.
These specialists perform diagnostic tests in which a small amount of a radioactive substance is injected into a vein, inhaled or taken orally by the patient. The radioactive substance then enables the nuclear medicine specialist to use a scanner to detect the radiation level in the part of the body being examined in order to create an image of it with a computer. The images tell the physician whether there are abnormal changes in metabolism which indicate whether a disease or injury is present. These tests are often used to detect cancer.
In addition to detecting cancer, substances like radioactive iodine can be either injected into the blood stream or taken orally to fight cancer and other diseases. After being ingested, the substance is absorbed by the thyroid gland and abnormal thyroid tissues are destroyed.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pregnancy Complications
- Lipid Disorders
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Thyroid Cancer
- Nuclear Medicine
- Insulin Resistance
- Cushing Disease
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Gland Issues
- Thyroiditis (Autoimmune)
- Graves Disease (Thyroid Eye Disease)
- Growth Disorders
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Parathyroid Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Bonar is a pioneer in the field of endocrinology. She opened one of the first three laboratories in the united states to use Dr. R. Yallow's Nobel prize winning RIA testing of the thyroid, liver, etc. She published text books and Diabetic pamplets. She has been very active in the American Diabetes Association. She was recently honored by AK Diabetes association for her lifetime achievements. She taught in Academic medicine for 17 years before opening a private practice and has proactively promoted the insulin pump, and other life saving and improving therapies more than most physicians in the united states. She was the first Endocrinologist in Alaska and remains active in her advancement of new therapies and cures of Diabetes, Thyriod and pituitary problems. She has excellent bedside manner and places her patients care as her priority in life.
60 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1958
University Hospital Of Arkansas
Dr. Jeanne R Bonar accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJeanne R Bonar Md, 1200 Airport Heights Dr Ste 330, Anchorage, AK
Dr. Jeanne R Bonar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.