Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeanne Nelson
Dr. Jeanne Nelson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN, with other offices in Minneapolis, MN and Minneapolis, MN (and 2 other locations). She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Nelson is affiliated with University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview, Cambridge Medical Center and Mercy Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Jeanne Nelson has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I had a horrible experience with this doctor, she was rude and condescending. She lied to me twice about potential conditions during my appointment, luckily I knew enough to call her on it right there and then, at which point she changed her answer. She went through the effort of accessing a record through another clinic that she felt was necessary to comment on, but acted like she could not access her clinics own records because she was trying to brush me off after I caught her in that lie. My prior records from her own clinic would have further contridicted her conclusions. Though another provider thought the same clinic recommended seeking her opinion Dr. Nelson treated my presence and concerns like a joke. She is an older doctor and is clearly set in her ways and she strongly pigeonholes people. If you do not fully meet the criteria for a condition she will not consider the possiblility that you have it. This is how people get mis-diagnosed and die!
Dr. Nelson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
Cambridge Medical Center
Abbott - Northwestern Hospital Inc
North Memorial Medical Center
Fairview Southdale Hospital
Mercy Hospital An Allina Facility
29 Years Experience
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Jeanne Nelson accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jeanne Nelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.