Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeanne B Novas has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Prenatal Care
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Urinary Incontinence
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Amniocentesis (Amniotic Fluid Test--AFT)
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 48
I have a large pelvic mass and saw many Gynecologists who, I think, were afraid to remove it. I saw Dr. Novas and immediately she agreed to do my surgery. I see patients do not like her. They think she is not friendly. If you need to be friends with your doctor you must not have many other friends. Dr. Novas removed my tumor and I feel good again. Thank you Dr. Novas!!
I had my first official prenatal appt today. After undergoing many rounds of fertility treatments, I was released to my OB practice. I absolutely love all of the doctors at this practice except Dr. Novas. When I called to schedule they said they only had her available. Gee I wonder why? She was 1.5 hours late for my appointment and then got defensive when I expressed my anxiety over that. She also got mad when I said I wouldn't be able to have labs drawn because I had to get back to work as I had already been at her office for a total of 2.25 hours! She did a quick ultrasound and said the baby looked good. When I asked what the heartbeat was measuring she said "uh, like in the 150s." That was a total lie because she didn't even measure it! This practice had a policy that you must see all four doctors during your pregnancy, and I'm glad I won't have to see her anymore!!
I saw Dr. Novas for the first time, after having a Mirena IUD inserted and removed by her colleague, Dr. Dohr. My appointment with Dr. Novas was for my annual exam. My experience with Mirena was honestly just awful. I experienced increasingly debilitating joint pain in my fingers, elbows, knees, and back. By the time I connected it to the IUD I had had it for almost a year, and the pain was so bad that I was taking meloxicam and waiting for my appointment with a rheumatologist. As a last resort I had Mirena removed. Two days later my pain completely disappeared and has not returned. I am Med and pain free! I thought that this information was something that I should share with my doctor, so I did. Not ONLY did she say that my experience was so rare that it "isn't worth mentioning", but she then said that "although there are many complaints by [her] patients of systemic symptoms, there is no hard evidence that the hormones travel outside of the uterus." I was flabbergasted. I will not, under any circumstance, be returning to her for so much as a paper cut.
I trusted this doctor with my life and now my deceased babies life. She promised me everything was going to be ok but instead she yelled And cursed at me during labor and when I kept bleeding she didn't care and told me to stop crying about it. Then when I cried saying my baby is coming out she didn't care until my daughters head was out and her color was black and blue. My daughter didn't even cry or take a breath and then there was no heartbeat. My baby died because of this doctor.
Dr. Novas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. Jeanne B Novas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsJeanne B Novas Md, 600 Hart Rd Ste 310, Barrington, IL
Dr. Jeanne B Novas is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Barrington, IL.