Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeanne M Schaefer has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Jeanne M Schaefer has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Jeanne M Schaefer has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Jeanne M Schaefer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I love the nurses but Dr. Schaefer is rarely available to see my children. Instead, the Nurse Practitioner or PA sees us. I even requested appointments for Dr. Schaefer and still didn't see her. The NP could not answer my questions and instead of saying "I'm not sure, let me check," she gave me incorrect advice. The billing and administrative workers are sarcastic and cold. At one point my 3 year old had a spider bite. I called 15 minutes before they closed and asked if I could swing by, as I live 2 minutes away. They turned me away and requested I go to an afterhours clinic. The good news is, there is a short wait. Probably because no one wants to take their children here.
25 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1993
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Dr. Jeanne M Schaefer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLaboratory Corp Of America, 523 S Santa Fe Ave Ste B, Edmond, OK
Dr. Jeanne M Schaefer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Edmond, OK.