Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeannette I Frei has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
The office experience with Dr. Frei's staff, more specifically, Megan the Office Manager led me to place a formal complaint with my provider. Upon choosing this office, the Doctor informed that they were having some problems with their office staff, mostly in regard to performance. She requested patience while they were in the process of making improvements. However, these improvements have not surfaced. Clerical issues are still a huge problem. For example, during an office visit we informed the front office staff that we moved and wanted to update them of our new address. About 8 months later we received a bill for non-payment. Initially, the office visit bill was not submitted to the insurance company, instead the bill was sent to our old address. In working with their off site billing dept. they re-submitted the bill. Aetna, our provider accepted the bill and paid it upon my call to them explaining what had occurred Megan took no responsibility for her error, was very rude and offered no apology! Often, when you call the doctor's office to schedule appointments during business hours no one answers the phone! I know this is unbelievable, being this is a doctor's office! The greatest complaint is the Office Manager who is completely in the wrong field. She is extremely rude and not proficient! I called this morning to request a copy of a lab order. I never received the order. Because of her conduct with me on the phone I requested to speak with her manager. She informed she was the manager. I then said, I would like to receive a phone call from the Doctor. She said she was the doctor's boss! I was left with no option but to call my provider and make a formal complaint! I will be finding another doctor's office. Please save yourself and your dear love ones from an experience with this office.! I felt I had to leave this review to protect others from a very unpleasant and frustrating experience! The doctors at this office have been very thorough. However, they have to be held accountable for having such poor representation in their office staff!
I felt the service at this office was inattentive, from both the front office staff and the doctor and PAs. I had difficulty communicating through the front office regarding a prescription: the order was sent to my pharmacy even though I told them not to because the drug was too expensive. Another time, when I requested to discuss the need for a lab test with the PA, I got only a callback from the office staff, telling me what to do, without explanation. At several appointments, I did not feel the medical staff listened to my specific complaint and followed their own agenda instead. On two occasions, I was told I was allowed to discuss only one issue per visit. At one visit, I asked about a particular problem and possibly a need to change my current meds, the PA gave me a list of meds to research on my own!
Talk about a joke of staff! I dont believe either of the 2 girls in that office have a shred of medical training between the 2 of them. High turnover is an understatement and so is below average care. You can never get an appointment nor can you speak with (when you actually get through) someone intelligent. I dont know what happend to the bigger gal that worked there but at least she had a brain and was kind. What a horrible office
Dr. Frei is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Dr. Jeannette I Frei accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCircle Of Life Medicine, 2382 Maritime Dr Ste 100, Elk Grove, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeannette I Frei in this video.
Dr. Jeannette I Frei is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elk Grove, CA.