Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeannette Y Mercer has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Jeannette Y Mercer has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Jeannette Y Mercer has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jeannette Y Mercer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I have been to Skyline several times and I have always found it to be a pleasant experience--under unpleasant conditions (eg: injured child, sickness). I thought Dr. Mercer was lovely and helpful. The waiting room was very full on the weekend I was there, but I didn't find the wait time unreasonable, about 30-35 minutes.
I was a patient of Dr Mercer for 20 years. I visited her office in Windsor, then Fort Collins, then again in Windsor. I always found her to be very compassionate and had excellent bedside manner. She always made the time to explain the issue. She delivered both of my children and provided great care for my entire family.
Dr. Mercer is a poor representation of Banner Health. She was very rude to me and condescending. I think it's time for her to retire since she doesn't seem to care about the patients that come through those doors. She has no bedside manner. How can she call herself a Doctor when she doesn't even take the time to actually go into the room and look at the patient and then diagnose? Isn't that what a Doctor is supposed to do? I really hope Banner looks at these reviews so that they can see what type of people they have working for them.
About a month ago, I saw Dr. Mercer for the 2nd time in about three years. I found her to be very knowledgeable and caring, and she spent adequate time with me explaining everything about my condition.I trust Dr. Mercer more than most of the doctors that I have ever visited in my life.I do respect the opinions and experience of others here that have rated Dr. Mercer, even though I thoroughly disagree with (and am puzzled by) many of their opinions.
34 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Jeannette Y Mercer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFmc Walk In Clinic, 1025 Pennock Pl Ste 121, Fort Collins, CO
Dr. Jeannette Y Mercer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Collins, CO.