Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeannine L Gingras has the following 2 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jeannine L Gingras has the following 3 expertise
- Cocaine-Related Disorders
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
Dr. Jeannine L Gingras has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
My child has ADHD and was having issues sleeping so we were referred to Dr. Gingras to have a sleep study done, and from the get-go, things were awful. They scheduled my child's sleep study without getting prior auth from our insurance and then cancelled it WITHOUT notifying me. The only pleasant experience was when the ACTUAL study took place. The technician was very helpful and friendly. Any time that I have a question regarding my child, it takes the office a week to get back to me and I feel as though the doctor is not very concerned about what is going on with my child, nor does she listen to me or my child. We are looking for someone else and I would not recommend this doctor to anyone else.
1- Dr. Gingras' appointment are always behind schedule. Plan to be there 45 minutes to an hour past your scheduled appointment time 2- If you are visiting the Concord office the computers never work and she can never seem to put her hands on your file. 3- God help you if your refills require authorization. You will need to start calling two weeks in advance. Dr. Gingras' office will always tell you that they did not receive the request from the pharmacy. My pharmacist has placed calls in the morning and has never received return calls by the end of the day. 4 -There is no after hours number even though her website CLEARLY says that the doctor is on call 24 hours per day and your call will be returned promptly. 5- This doctor needs her license REVOKED! 6- Don't waste your time with this doctor.
35 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
University Of North Carolina Health System
Dr. Jeannine L Gingras accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJeannine Louise Gingras Md, 6207 Park South Dr Ste 101, Charlotte, NC
Dr. Jeannine L Gingras is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.