Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeannine W Scheinhorn has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Vision Issues
- Lasik Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Exam
- Eye Pain
- Macular Degeneration
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Shingles got into my wife's right eye. Dr. Scheinhorn came to her rescue during Thanksgiving holiday. The doctor prescribed effective treatment to save my wife's eye. She is kind, professional, compassionate, competent and passionate with her practice. Thank God for Dr, Scheinhorn! This is toughest but best Thanksgiving!
Dr. Scheinhorn, MD has been my ophthalmologist for over 10 years. When my vision was 20/20, I never gave it a thought of how the human eye plays a very important role in my daily living, A few years ago Dr. Scheinhorn diagnosed me with stage 3 glaucoma. This was a shock to me and my family. I continue to see Dr. Scheinhorn for treatment. Dr. Scheinhorn and her staff are very diligent in making sure I keep my appointments and that I continue to take my medication for glaucoma. Her staff is polite, professional and have great customer care skills. Dr. Sheinhorn is gentle, soft spoken and has a great bedside manner. I respect and admire Dr. Sheinhorn. Easy access to a clean and well maintained professional office.
Her staff is rude. They rushed to put drops in my eyes (to dilate pupils) before I even had a chance to tell them the problem. Then Dr. Scheinhorn stood about four feet from me and took a guess at what was wrong. Wrote a prescription and flew out the door, all in less than ONE minute. The problem, to say the least, was not resolved. Don't trust this woman. All she wants to do is shoot your face full of Botox.
I tried a few Ophthalmologists that my insurance company recommended. I was disappointed with all of them, since I have a simple rule: "I DO NOT WAIT more than 15 minutes at any doctor's office". My logic is "If a doctor can not manage his time, I would not trust him managing my health." I walked out from 4 offices and Dr. Shinehorn was the last on the list, due to distance. Her offices look very professional. She has nice staff and I waited less than 5 minutes to be seated in the examining room. Dr. Shinehorn was just as prompt and caring as her staff. I decided she will be the one to operate on my eye.Before, during and after the operation I was extremely pleased with Dr.Shinehorn and the entire team that assisted her. Operation was painless and successful. Everything went forward as promised and planned.But what tops it all...is the call I received from Dr. Shinehorn in person, to make sure I was fine ! wow, That is a doctor who cares and respects the patient. I'm proud of the nick-name I have given her..."The Smooth Operator".I wish her all the best and I can't wait to have another operation!....Just kidding!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2008, 2011, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
- Tulane University School Of Medicine
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Jeannine W Scheinhorn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVerdugo Eye Care, 1808 Verdugo Blvd Ste 103, Glendale, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeannine W Scheinhorn in this video.
Dr. Jeannine W Scheinhorn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, CA.