Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jeff S Nichols has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Jeff S Nichols has the following 11 expertise
- Clinical Depression
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
Dr. Jeff S Nichols has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 4
Dr. Nichols has assisted me during a very difficult time in my life. I was suffering from several types of disorders. Ordinary and daily life events were impossible for me to deal with due to these disorders. Dr. Nichols does not only listen but is pro-active in teaching you the "tools" to live a more happy and productive life. I am very grateful that he was recommended to me by a good friend. My life is so much better since I have been visiting him. I highly recommend him!
43 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Menninger School Of Psychiatry
Dr. Jeff S Nichols accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Locations & DirectionsLecompte Ellie Phd Lp, 1023 Kentucky St Ste 2, Lawrence, KS
Dr. Jeff S Nichols is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lawrence, KS.