- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffery Cooley MD
Dr. Jeffery Cooley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Florence, MA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Cooley is affiliated with Cooley Dickinson Hospital, Baystate Medical Center and Valley Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffery Cooley has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jeffery Cooley has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Jeffery Cooley is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Not Patient Centered
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffery Cooley - Posted on June 25th, 2013
The practice is your typical quick in, quick out with lots of paperwork and stops at different administrators. You spend 5 times as much time waiting and working with the clerks as you do with a medical professional. The office itself is crowded, hard to get around, and a rats-maze and very unappealing - setting a terrible tone to patients. Dr. Cooley spends very little time with you and seems hurried during the time he does spend. He was unable to diagnose the pain I was having.
Fast, but useless
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffery Cooley - Posted on February 7th, 2011
Dr Cooley was certainly fast -- he saw me exactly on time. Unfortunately, that shortly turned out to be because he wasn't interested in actually talking to me. He had me go over my history -- he appeared not to have actually looked at my chart -- and told me "Yes, you have gall-stones. I recommend surgery." and we were pretty much done. He was completely unwilling or unable to discuss alternatives to surgery, and was out of the office in under 10 minutes. He never actually addressed the second of the two things I was referred to him for.
Dr. Cooley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baystate Medical Center
Valley Medical Center
Steward St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
Baystate Mary Lane Hospital
Valley Medical Group
32 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Jeffery Cooley Accepts the Following Insurance
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHampshire Gastroenterology Associates, 10 Main St, Florence, MA
Dr. Jeffery Cooley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Florence, MA.