3.1

Have you seen Dr. Jeffery J Dorociak?

I started seeing Dr. Dorociak about a year ago. I have yet to go to an appointment where I do not have to wait for long periods, where he listens, or I do not leave frustrated.

Chad and Dr. Dorociak both take the time to go over tests, such as: MRI, bloodwork, etc. You don't feel rushed out of the office. In addition, they both treat you like family.

I do not recommend this doctor!

I was not impressed with Dr. Dorociak at my first visit and will probably ask my PCP to refer me to another gastroenterologist. I arrived about 15 minutes early for my appointment as requested to complete the new patient paperwork. I was taken to an exam room promptly at the appointed time. Dr. Dorociak rushed into the room 45 minutes late with no apology or explanation. Then he didn't have my PCP's initial diagnosis at hand because no one bothered to put it in my chart. He acted as if he didn't believe me when I told him the diagnosis. He was brusque, rushed and very pushy. I was not at all comfortable with him.

Caring and Professional

Dr. Dorociak Has been my gastroenterologist for 14 years now and has helped me tremendously. He diagnosed and treated my acid reflux that had progressed to the point it was causing serious health concerns. I followed him to his new office and since then, he has been able to spend more time with his patients which is a rarity these days.

Good Overall Experience and Outcome

I first went to Dr. Dorociak in 1996 for stomach pain and acid reflux. He performed an endoscopy on me and found ulcers and a pre-cancerous condition. He put me on medication that cured the reflux, allowed the ulcers to heal and the pre-cancerous condition was found to have disappeared when he did two follow-up endoscopies in later years. Recently, he performed a colonoscopy that discovered four polyps, one of which he felt needed removal by someone with more expertise in that type of polyp. I appreciated that candor as it was in our best interest. Dr. Dorociak removed the others and I had the fourth successfully removed later on. Those two conditions were potential killers, so I am glad he's my gastroenterologist. He's always been patient with me and explained things and I plan to follow him to his new practice.

Can't stomach this anymore---

I have been seeing this doctor since 2010-11. Still having digestive problems but according to him no diagnosis. Have been sent over and over for lab work etc. Doc seems like he is more interested in where I worked and what type of insurance I had rather than why I was there. Staff no too friendly as well. I would not recommend this doctor's office to anyone. -- not unless you have lots of sick time to take off from work for no results doctor's visits.

Doctor's Response

Please consider seeing Dr Dorociak at his new, private, office. We at Tides GI will never over schedule Dr.D. He will now have ample time to talk with you and explain all labs and imaging results. GI issues can be vague and yet complex so it takes time to rule out all of the potential issues. Again, please consider giving Dr. Dorociak a visit at his new office in a quiet, organized, calm environment.

Uncaring

I saw him for months with no diagnosis. He did not listen to me when I was describing my symptoms and EVERY time I went in there were more blood test or other lab work. The last time I saw him I had to wait over 3 hrs, then when he came in he said that he wasn't going to spend time on me,did not even find out how symptoms were, but surely did not mind charging me or my insurance!! Do not go to this Dr unless you want a lot of tests, spend a lot of money and time to get no diagnosis and a whole lot of attitude. Would not send worst enemy to see this Dr. Would have rated zero but it won't let you.

Doctor's Response

Please forgive me for making you feel unvalued. I have moved into solo practice now and will never, ever have to overbook appointments again. Again, please forgive me for being rude and rushing your visit.

Dr. Jeffery J Dorociak is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Charleston, SC.