Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey A Bourne
Dr. Jeffrey A Bourne, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West New York, NJ, with other offices in New York, NY and Bloomfield, NJ . He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Bourne is affiliated with St Barnabas Hospital, Palisades Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center. Dr. Bourne has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey A Bourne has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 15
I have been with Dr. Bourne for over 15 years he has been with my kids since the beginning. Dr. Bourne is amazing, caring doctor. I've never had an issue with him . I have referred about 80% of my family and friends through out the 15 years and I have never heard a complaint. At some point my insurance did not cover Dr. Bourne and me and my husband were willing and able to pay cash until I found an insurance with him on the list. To all of this; he continues to show me the same respect I show him and overall and amazing doctor to my Girls. And lets not forget the loving Martha!!!
I am pregnant with my first child and i had some time to meet and greet potential pediatricians in the area. When I called to make a consultation with the doctor a very rude receptionist told me that they don't do that. If this type of cold rude behavior is indicative of how they behave there, then I am happy that I found this out now.
After two years, we've had to switch healthcare providers and Dr. Bourne wasn't on the list of approved pediatricians. But we will sincerely miss him! He's been wonderful: caring, prompt, and a wonderful presence with children. At first, we worried that he was too hands off, since nothing seems to faze the man. But we came to realize that his calming presence was really a great counterweight to the overly freaked out first time parents we were (or are). Staff (Shanae!) is also fantastic -- much, much, much better than average. I hope she's richly rewarded. The downsides of the office are that it's in a slightly older space, not a glitzy as, say, Soho Pediatrics, and the office does seem to be short staffed. Shanae works about three jobs at the same time, I think. The upside is that the level of care from Dr. Bourne is probably in the 95th percentile of what you can find in the city. Accepts many different types of insurance (just not ours, sadly).
Dr. Bourne is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Jeffrey A Bourne accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jeffrey A Bourne is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West New York, NJ.