Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey A Klein?

Atoussa Cameron

I can not say enough positive things about this practice. Everyone there is friendly, courteous, and excellent at their job. I have personally been seeing Atoussa for several years, and she is always amazing. She puts you at ease no matter what you are there for. Whether she is removing a wart from my 9 year old son, or giving me a little "beauty help," she is professional, sweet and great at what she does! I wouldn't go to anyone else!

liposuction

I would so recommend Dr. Klein to anyone who is considering liposuction. This was my 3rd trip from Florida to California to see him. He is very skilled and his staff is wonderful

I have traveled from Florida to California to have Dr. Klein perform liposuction two times this year. The first time was so amazing, I came back for more! His tumescent anesthesia technique was very comfortable and my recovery was easy. And the results were absolutely, unbelievable amazing. I am so grateful to him and his kind staff for their expertise and my second chance to look good

Excellent Experience....I trust him immensely!!

very thorough .....spent a lot of time with me

Donut effect

Well I had the procedure done about 8 years ago and got this donut effect around my belly button at the time I was not told this would happen as you know I was super sad about it, I am hoping Dr, Kline will read this and tell me that some new procedure has come up to fix this issue. All in all he is an amazing doctor and all his employed are super excellent as well. Thanks for listening

Great physician....very professional

A very competent and knowledgeable professional with great bedside manner. More important he is a skilled dermatologist who is interested in his patients. I worked in the healthcare field for 35 years and believe he is one of the best,realistic and straight talking physician. This is what I look for in a specialist.

arrogant and unprofessional

I saw him for possible liposuction. after telling me what a great result he could achieve, he then proceeded to tell me he would not treat me because of a past disease which was treated and any healthcare provider knows that it is not transmittable. Even my internal doctor said she was shocked by this and would never refer her patients to him again.

Doctor's Response

Liposuction is not a life-saving surgery. Because liposuction is merely an elective cosmetic surgical procedure, surgeons have an ethical obligation to not expose a patient or surgical nursing staff to unnecessary risks or dangers. From the information presented by the person who wrote the present criticism, I am not certain which past disease the person actually had, however, I do have a strict policy about not doing liposuction on any patient who I believe is at increased risk of complications. For example, any patient who has had a hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection and has subsequently been cured, does have a relatively low risk of developing severe liver disease, but the patient%u2019s blood continues to be potentially infectious for HCV. Indeed, if a volunteer blood donor has a history of hepatitis C (HCV antibody positive) but no evidence of an on-going hepatitis C infection (HCV antigen negative), then a blood bank will reject the donated blood because the donated blood may still contain some infectious virus! Like any laboratory test, test for hepatitis C have a certain percentage of false-negative results. Although tumescent liposuction is associated with minimal blood loss, there is a significant drainage of residual dilute blood tinged local anesthetic solution. Because hepatitis C is a potentially fatal disease which can be transmitted by contact with infected blood, I refuse to expose my nursing staff to this unnecessary risk. On the other hand, I routinely treat both hepatitis C and HIV patients with surgical excision of skin cancers. Although we do comply with the highest clinical and OSHA standards for avoiding blood-borne pathogens, I am reluctant to expose my nursing staff to the surgical drainage of a possible hepatitis-C carrier merely for an elective cosmetic surgical procedure. It is our office policy to only do cosmetic surgery or liposuction, on patients who satisfy the American Society of Anesthesiology (ASA) criteria for ASA class I or II (healthy patients). ASA class III consists of patients who have diseases which are potentially life threatening such as diabetes, severe hypertension, significant heart disease, grand mal seizures, HIV and Hepatitis C. Enzyme-linked Immunoabsorbent Assay (EIA) is screening test which detects the presence of antibody to hepatitis C (anti-HCV Ab) in blood. A positive HCV antibody test indicates a previous exposure to hepatitis C infection. A HCV antibody test may be false-positive in 10 to 20% of persons who were never truly infected. An HCV-RNA antigen test detects the actual presence of infectious hepatitis C particles (antigens) in the blood and confirms the diagnosis of active hepatitis C infection. An HCV-RNA antigen test may be either qualitative or quantitative. Qualitative HCV-RNA antigen tests are either positive or negative and are more sensitive and specific than quantitative tests. Quantitative HCV-RNA antigen tests measure the concentration of viral particles in blood, but can only detect virus numbers above a minimum threshold. If the viral concentration is less than the test%u2019s minimum sensitivity threshold then the test will yield a false-negative result. A test%u2019s minimum sensitivity threshold is the basis for the problem of defining a hepatitis C cure. If a patient has a positive EIA antibody test, then the patient has been exposed to hepatitis C. If a patient has an immune deficiency then the patient may not be able to make antibodies and may have infectious hepatitis C particles in the blood but have a negative Hepatitis C antibody test. If a patient has a positive quantitiative HCV-RNA hepatitis C antigen test then there are active infectious viral particles in the blood and a high risk of serious liver disease. A negative quantitative HCV-RNA hepatitis C antigen test implies the patient%u2019s blood has less than the minimum threshold of virus detectable by the test. Some consider the patient cured in the sense that nearly all, if not all, the viral particles have been eliminated and the risk of serious liver disease is small. However a negative quantitative hepatitis C antigen test does not guarantee that the patient is not infectious. Thus, even if a patient has been told that the hepatitis C has been cured, the patient may have viral particles in the blood and may still be infectious.

Dr. Jeffrey A Klein is similar to the following 2 Doctors near San Juan Capistrano, CA.

Dr. Jeffrey A Klein Is this you?