Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please contact us if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey Alden MD
Dr. Jeffrey Alden, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Coralville, IA. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Alden is affiliated with Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Iowa City. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey Alden has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Jeffrey Alden has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Alden is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Iowa City
21 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Jeffrey Alden Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Jeffrey Alden's office for more information.
520 10th Ave Coralville, IA : (319) 358-2406
Locations & Directions520 10th Ave, Coralville, IA
Dr. Jeffrey Alden is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Coralville, IA.