Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey D Alexis MD
Dr. Jeffrey D Alexis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, NY. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Alexis is affiliated with Golisano Childrens Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey D Alexis has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Jeffrey D Alexis has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
Dr. Alexis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1992
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Jeffrey D Alexis Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Excellus BluePPO
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Jeffrey D Alexis
Dr. Alexis earned his M.D. from Harvard University in 1992. He was an intern and resident from 1992- 1995 at the Massachusetts General Hospital and completed his cardiology fellowship in 1998 at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. He served on the faculty of the Mount Sinai School of Medicine (1998-2003) and joined the faculty of the University of Rochester in 2003 as an Assistant Professor of Medicine. Dr. Alexis is a member of the heart failure/transplant section and his research focuses on signaling pathways that regulate transplant arteriopathy.
Locations & DirectionsSTRONG MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey D Alexis, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Rochester, NY, in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey D Alexis is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Rochester, NY.