Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey E Atkinson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jeffrey E Atkinson has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Jeffrey E Atkinson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
I started seeing Dr. Atkinson around 1994. He has always been kind and compassionate towards me. I am a very complicated person with illnesses that were and are chronic. I feel he has saved my life. He has spent alot of time with me, every month for about 4 to 5 years. He and his team especially Pam has done alot of researching on my condition. They took the time to look into doctors that best suited my condition. The first visit with him I knew that he was the only Dr. For me ! His bedside manner is comforting and caring. I could go on and on about him, but all I can say is that I am very grateful to him. Also to Pam my favorite nurse ever..The rest of his staff, especially Cathy have always been very helpful and kind. I thank them all for putting up with me over all these years. I highly recommend him as a Dr. I have great respect for him. I love him as I would a great friend ! Thank you so very much !
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Atkinson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Allegheny General Hospital
Dr. Jeffrey E Atkinson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
Locations & DirectionsJeffrey Earl Atkinson Md, 8028 Ritchie Hwy Ste 108, Pasadena, MD
Dr. Jeffrey E Atkinson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pasadena, MD.