Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jeffrey M Bauman has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jeffrey M Bauman has the following 14 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Weight Loss
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Dr. Jeffrey M Bauman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey M Bauman - Posted on August 8th, 2017
Do not go for help with hypothyroidism
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey M Bauman - Posted on February 27th, 2015
His knowledge regarding Hashimoto's/hypothyroid was severely lacking. Do not go to him if that is your issue. He blames patient for lingering symptoms instead of raising meds or checking for root of issues. Lots of new studies done in this area, he needs to review them. Worst Dr I've ever been to.
Poor communication skills
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey M Bauman - Posted on November 3rd, 2013
Don't do it...
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey M Bauman - Posted on September 19th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey M Bauman - Posted on August 11th, 2013
Dr. Bauman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Jeffrey M Bauman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Jeffrey M Bauman
Jeffrey Bauman, MD, is accredited in thyroid ultrasound and ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration (FNA) biopsy. In addition, he is a certified clinical densitometrist. Dr. Bauman notes, "Before becoming a physician, I practiced pharmacy for 5 years. My experience helped me better understand and anticipate what patients go through after they get a prescription." Dr. Bauman is listed in New Jersey Monthly's "Top Doctors."
Locations & DirectionsSUMMIT MEDICAL GROUP, 1 Diamond Hill Rd, Berkeley Heights, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey M Bauman, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Berkeley Heights, NJ, in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey M Bauman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Berkeley Heights, NJ.