Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey M Bloom has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Nutritional Support
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
Despite being a patient for some time, I felt Dr. Bloom didn't know me at all. He never remembered a rather serious medical condition I have that is well documented in my chart and rarely even took time to find out why I was there before entering the room. I found him rude and disinterested. Some things never made it into my chart and others things were just plain wrong. I had a couple of encounters with him that can only be described as bizarre and decided I was done. I've heard similar things from other women. The men I know who see him think he's fine, but it seems he shows very little respect for women.
I found Dr. Bloom to be distracted and focused on his computer rather than on the patient. The deal-breaker for me was when he entered the room and asked me how my sleep apnea was on my first (and only) visit after having a radical prostatectomy. Dr. Bloom had not taken a minute to review my chart before entering the room and tried to wing it. Apparently, he had just glanced at my record before entering the room and confused my urologist with another doctor. I could not wait to leave; needless to say, that was the last I saw of Dr. Bloom. And he never followed up or apologized for his mistake.
Just don't be honest with him. He will charge a extra fee for anything he is "allowed" to charge for whether it had anything to do with the appointment or not, just because he can. He really didn't listen to pertinent facts and didn't prescibe needed tests based on those facts. I was charged a ridiculous amount for the writing of a prescription for items that I didn't need consultation on. I didn't find out about the results of tests until I saw another extra charge and called to inquire about it. He essentially tripled the charges into my one and only appointment. I do not trust him and will not be trusting him as my doctor.
29 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
Dr. Jeffrey M Bloom accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsJeffrey Martin Bloom Md, 1318 Johnson Ave, San Luis Obispo, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey M Bloom in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey M Bloom is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Luis Obispo, CA.