More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey Blumer
Dr. Jeffrey Blumer, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Toledo, OH. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Critical Care Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Blumer is affiliated with Akron Children's Hospital, Toledo Hospital & Toledo Children's Hospital and ValleyCare Northside Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey Blumer has the following 3 specialties
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
While pediatricians are typically the go-to resource when your child gets sick, more serious conditions require special care and closer monitoring. A pediatric critical care specialist works in a hospital setting to treat, diagnose and care for children with chronic conditions.
They're trained to examine and treat children using unique methods and equipment in order to provide a more comfortable experience. A reaction due to asthma or diabetes, a serious injury from an accident, or on-going symptoms due to a serious disease are some reasons your child might end up in a pediatric intensive care unit.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Lung Diseases
- Premature Infant Diseases
- Staphylococcal Infections (Staph Infection)
- Strep Infection (Streptococcal Infections)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Blumer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Akron Children's Hospital
St. Vincent Mercy Children's Hospital
Mercy Children's Hospital
University Hospitals of Cleveland
University of Toledo Medical Center
38 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Jeffrey Blumer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPROMEDICA TOLEDO CHILDRENS HOSPITAL, 2142 N Cove Blvd, Toledo, OH
Dr. Jeffrey Blumer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Toledo, OH.