Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey Breiter
Dr. Jeffrey Breiter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in South Windsor, CT. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Breiter is affiliated with Rockville General Hospital, Hartford Hospital and Manchester Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey Breiter has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
This doctor is close to impossible to reach if you are going there for the first time. Prepare to wait more than a month and a half before your first appointment, and then prepare to have your appointment rescheduled at least a month later. The reasons his staff comes up with as an excuse for all this are beyond ridiculous. When they schedule a procedure, they once again do not follow their appointments. They have no respect for their patients' schedule and the fact that somebody lives in pain while waiting. I can not tell you much about my experience with Dr. Breiter's bedside manners and how much time he spent with me because I simply never went to see him again. The above story is what happened to me. Overall I do not remember having a more horrible experience at a doctor's office. I rarely choose to write negative reviews, but this time, with a pain in my heart (and abdomen) I have to say I do not recommend him.
Dr. Breiter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hartford Hospital, Hartford CT
Rockville General Hospital, Vernon CT
40 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Jeffrey Breiter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsConnecticut GI, 2400 Tamarack Ave, South Windsor, CT
Dr. Jeffrey Breiter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Windsor, CT.