Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey L Burchard
Dr. Jeffrey L Burchard, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Allen, TX. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Burchard is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen. Dr. Burchard has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey L Burchard has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Told me my ear pain was due to anxiety and I needed an antidepressant. Another dr did a thorough exam (pressing on pressure points, etc.) and quickly determined the pain and fatigue was due to inner ear congestion and prescribed ear drops and steroids. I don't appreciate doctors who minimize women's pain/symptoms and act like they're symptoms of hysteria. The practice is good. I will not see that dr again.
Did not take my Aenta insurance. Said I would pay cash. They said they would give no-insurance rate. They they changed their mind and said since I had insurance (that they would not accept), they would not give the no-insurance rate. Cashier then became rude, when I asked what the rate was. So, I politely left. Won't go back.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2015, 2009, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Burchard is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1995
Mc Lennan Co Med Ed Res Fn
Dr. Jeffrey L Burchard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFamily Healthcare Associates, 1105 Central Expy N Ste 2120, Allen, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey L Burchard in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey L Burchard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allen, TX.