Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey A Carruth
Dr. Jeffrey A Carruth, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Milford, CT. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Carruth is affiliated with Stamford Hospital, Bridgeport Hospital and Milford Hospital. Dr. Carruth has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey A Carruth has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Jeffrey A Carruth has the following 3 expertise
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
Dr. Jeffrey A Carruth has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
I've seen Dr. Carruth for years now and he is an excellent doctor. If you are a regular patient you'll have no problems calling in to his office. I never have to wait long and he always takes care of any of my problems in a purely professional manner. I've been to many of these doctors and some have abused me to the point where I should have had them arrested. He is the only doctor that checks to make sure that all my medications are used correctly. I wish every doctor was like Dr. Carruth because I can talk to him about anything.
I've been working with Dr. Carruth on an ongoing basis and am happy with his overall care. However, the office does not run and is not staffed on a full-time basis. To be clear, 95% of the time, you get an answering machine during normal business hours. The message notes that business hours are Mon to Fri, 9 to 5, but the office is staffed part-time and phone calls are not returned in a timely manner. Patient care should start at the front desk, but this office drops the ball.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Carruth is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Jeffrey A Carruth accepts the following insurance providers.
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAdvanced Interventional Pain Management, 2080 Bridgeport Ave Ste C, Milford, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey A Carruth in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey A Carruth is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milford, CT.