Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey Catlin
Dr. Jeffrey Catlin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gainesville, FL. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Catlin is affiliated with North Florida Regional Medical Center, Shands A G H, Gainesville, Fl and Shands at AGH. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey Catlin has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Exam
- Eye Pain
- Lasik Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Macular Degeneration
- Vision Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Catlin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Shands A G H, Gainesville, Fl
Shands at AGH
Shands at Alachua General Hospital
36 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Dr. Jeffrey Catlin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGAINESVILLE EYE PHYSICIANS, 6717 NW 11th Pl, Gainesville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey Catlin in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey Catlin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.