Dr. Jeffrey L Cornella Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey L Cornella?

Dr Cornella MISDIAGNOSED a serious illness & has HORRIBLE Bedside Manner, is CONDESCENDING toward patients.

Staff was very courteous. Dr Cornella has a HORRIBLE bedside manner. He is condescending and fails to listen to the patient. He gave a wrong diagnoses, and refused to obviously needed tests. I was fortunate to see a different Dr, who ran a series of exams & tests, which led to surgery to correct my problem (the same problem that Dr Cornella refused to acknowledge). I will never go back to MAYO Clinic!

Bladder Prolapse Surgery

I am a 69 year old woman and I was in need of bladder prolapse surgery. I had bladder prolapse for approximately 10 years. I was one of the "lucky ones" because I did not suffer from leakage. But as I aged, I developed arthritis and it became apparent that I would need hip and knee replacement. I was advised to have the bladder repair done first. I consulted with two well-known urology clinics in Scottsdale. I had all the standard testing in preparation for this type of surgery. It did not take me long to choose Mayo Clinic and Dr. Jeffrey Cornella. Dr. Cornella is a wonderful physician. He is warm and friendly. He took the time to thoroughly explain the procedure to me. I knew what to expect before, during and after surgery. The morning I was being prepared for surgery, he was there with his smile and his reassurance that he expected nothing but a good result for me. It has been six weeks since surgery. I could not be happier with the procedure he performed. I had a hysterectomy and prolapsed bladder repair. I had very little discomfort after the procedure. I was up doing most daily activities within a week. I have nothing but the highest regard for Dr. Cornella and Mayo Clinic!

Husband of a Patient

My wife's fibroid was causing her a lot of discomfort and other symptoms.  We had been recommended a different doctor and hospital originally.  After waiting 6 weeks for an appointment, the doctor was unprepared, didn't have my wife's records, and couldn't even provide a schedule for the surgery we knew my wife needed.  I called for weeks after: I talked to nurses, I even talked to managers, but got nowhere.     My wife called Dr. Cornella's office and was seen within 3 days.  He was always on time for our appointments, prepared and ready to provide the information that we needed.  Less than 2 weeks later, my wife had the surgery she needed and Dr. Cornella gave me the feedback and assurance I needed after surgery.  Her recovery was great.  It is because of Dr. Cornella that we were able to have a child and start our family.

I was diagnosed with uterine fibroids and was unable to conceive a baby. When I first visited Dr. Cornella I had been dealing with these issues for over 2 years without any resolution. He took the time to fully understand my situation and discuss my options. He preformed a laproscopic myomectomy to remove my fibriods and 6 months later I was pregnant!

Sadly disappointed

I went to see Dr. Cornella for a significant bowel prolapse, which I believe any woman faced with this would be concerned and maybe a bit scared. I didn't know what was going on with my body and after talking to Dr. Cornella, I left in tears. Dr. Cornella was short with me. He assumed my eating habits were poor, instructing me that fiber was the first ingredient on the food chain. I told him my diet consisted of 50 percent fibers which included all natural organic grains, etc, fruits, vegetables, yogurt and fish with an intake of less than 1200 calories a day. He lifted my top and looked at my belly and told me I needed to exercise. I was so humiliated and insulted. I told him I walk 2 to 3 miles each day and am also very active. I also told him I have birthed 6 children so I do have a bit of a belly. But come on . . . I only weigh 142 pounds and am 5'6. I also told him I have problem with eliminating and am severely bloated. Every time he spoke, my heart sunk a little more. He was rude and uncaring. He made assumptions that weren't true and wouldn't hear was I trying to say. He said, "What do you want; surgery? I can do surgery, but prolapse surgeries fail 50 percent of the time". I told him surgery was the last thing I wanted, since I've had problems with past surgeries. I wanted to know what was wrong down there and what my options were. He checked me 'below' and told me I have a grade 2 rectocele and grade 1/2 to 1 cyctocele. Told me to do kegals. I also expressed to him, my difficulty in starting the flow of urine and again he was short with me and stood up and told the nurse to order a test and walked out. The test he ordered was to see if the bladder emptied after urination. I knew my bladder would empty. What I told him is that I was having difficulty in getting the urine to start. I can't even express in words the heartache I felt when I left this appointment. I went in for answers to a legitimate problem I was having and I left with an emptiness. No answers. No options. Just an angry guy who seemed upset I was there. I guess that's what a bad bed side manner means. I never experienced this before. I did however get a second opinion by a wonderful reputable doctor in Phoenix. The new doctor is great. He diagnosed a Grade 3 rectocele with Grade 2 cyctocele and also an endocele. Should I decide proceed with surgery, at least this new doctor has a success with these types of prolapse of 98 percent, instead of 50 percent. He gave me peace of mind knowing what it is I have and my options. Dr. Cornella left me feeling hopeless. Absolutely hopeless.

HYSTERECTOMY/PROLAPSED BLADDER/RECTAL TEAR

I highly recommend this doctor! Dr. Cornella was patient, kind, understanding, personable and above all, a top notch doc!! I had major female surgery. The recovery went so well, I am now not afraid of any surgery! He is awesome! I wasn't on any pain meds the day after I came home--just ibuprofin. Although I was given plenty of meds, if needed--I didn't! I was driving by day 6 after my surgery! I credit the whole positive experience to this wonderful doctor! My follow up visit was just as professional and helpful! Love this doc!! God has given him awesome talent. And just to be clear, I am not a relative or a friend of his :) just a thankful patient who appreciates a highly skilled doctor.