Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey E Deckey
Dr. Jeffrey E Deckey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orange, CA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine. Dr. Deckey is affiliated with Uc Irvine Medical Center, Chapman Global Medical Center and Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center. Dr. Deckey has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey E Deckey has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Spinal Fractures
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Back Injuries
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 116
I was there as a first time patient. After waiting for 2 hours he spent 7 minutes with me. He was arrogant, didn't ask any questions about my symptoms, and didn't let me ask any questions. The few questions I did ask her just ignored me and didn't answer. My impression is that her is only interested in booking surgery. If you are not an immediate surgical candidate then he wants to get out of the room. He seems to be in it for the money and no interest in actually helping patients. I would stay away.
I arrived ten minutes early for my scheduled appointment. The line to check in was all the way down the stairs that should have been an indication to turn around and run! I checked in, I had filled in all the paper work which I had downloaded previously and sat down and proceeded to wait and wait. After I had been waiting forclose to an hour I asked the receptionist how much longer was the wait to which she responded that there were 6 patients ahead of me, which meant that if he spent 15 minutes with each patient I would be waiting for at least another hour and half before I got seen which meant I would have been waiting 2 1/2 hours! She said not necessarily that long because Dr Deckey may only spend 2 minutes with some patients. That horrified me more! I asked to see the office manager, who very calmly informed me that this is how Dr Deckey runs his practice and if I didn't like it I could leave! Which I promptly did! I most certainly do not want a Dr that has so little regard for my well being and shows such little respect for me.
I want to give a big thank you to Dr Deckey and staff for your response to my pleas for help. My spine surgery was Dec 12th. On the 21st I was struck with severe stomach and bowel pain. I seriously thought I was going to die. I had no idea what the problem was and turned to Dr Deckey for help. PA Dan responded to our call for help by sending me to the St Joseph ER and calling ahead to aid in a smooth admission. As it turned out my problem was/is diverticulitis and blocked bowels. Dr Decky ans staff responded to St Joseph twice to see me anyway and wished me a quick release from the hospital and a Merry Christmas. These actions gave me great peace of mind. Thank you Dr Deckey and staff. It meant so much to me.. By the way, my spine surgery was successful thanks to a very skilled surgeon.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2010, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Deckey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1992
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Jeffrey E Deckey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Specialty Institute Medical Group, 280 S Main St Ste 280, Orange, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey E Deckey in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey E Deckey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orange, CA.